Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why adopt?

Many people have been asking me why adopt? I think this is a good question. I have been wanting more children for about 2 years now.The other children are getting older and I thought a lot about having more, but felt like I have been settling. Especially since I physically can't have more kids now. There is a lot of love and teaching I still can give.I knew the kids would love a younger sibling because they have asked us to have another baby over the years.

The opportunity just presented itself for Jeremiah. We weren't directly looking for it. I had always said that it would present it's self and I wouldn't go seeking it out.

Over the years we had an opportunity. One was with an older girl that was older than Samantha. The situation changed and her parents held on to her and made it work. She is a wonderful young lady. We still keep in contact with her today.

We don't think of adoption as a feel good thing to do. We are thinking of it as adding an addition to our family. A son and a brother for the kids.I'm looking forward to being his second mom to love and cherish him.Clean up the toys and fix his boo boo's. I don't think this will be the last one we adopt either. I think there is one more out there after this one. She will present herself also.

I am enjoying being at home with the kids and wouldn't change it. I know this is where I'm suppose to be.