Sunday, May 30, 2010

Comtemplation/Adopting Jeremiah

I'm sitting here in total contemplation. Have you ever made a decision? Maybe a decision that will not only affect you but all of those around you? This decision you have chosen is great idea to some and others are not big fans and try to persuade you other wise.

Then all those things start swimming in your head: am I doing the right thing? How will this effect the family dynamics? How will it effect my kids? How will others react?
I then come back to the thing that keeps bugging me is it faith or just plain stupidity? I know in my heart of hearts I'm supposed to exhaust the possibilities. Deeply I feel a call to see if this gift is right for us.

Your probably asking my gosh what decision is tormenting her.
Steve and I have decided to adopt this little cute boy in Haiti. Steve and I have wanted to adopt for awhile but we always said it would fall into our laps.The situation would just present itself.

Steve was on a mission trip in Haiti about three weeks ago.The minister there approached a few team members. Jeremiah is three and an American Citizen.His dad and mom want to send him to the US for a better life and to go to school here in the US. I think of this and it makes me cry thinking of the ultimate sacrifice of love.

Steve and I really aren't in the best situation or timing for another little one to come into our lives. Then I say when are you ever ready?
We have started major campaigning for funds for our tickets. We are due to go to Haiti in three weeks. Please keep us all in your prayers.