Saturday, May 22, 2010

Steve's trip to Haiti

Recently,Steve my husband has ventured on a few trips to help in Haiti. The first trip he went with about 23 other nurses and Dr.'s. They saw approximately 1056 patients and saved a few lives.The second trip he went on went to Masada Haiti. They built the boys dorm of an orphanage.
We have the opportunity to adopt a little boy who is a American citizen. The family has a father, mother, older sister who is 12, a three and a half year old who is able to be adopted,another little one is about one year. The mother and the twelve year old were in the US for the 12 yr old's cornea transplant. Mom delivered the 3 yr. old in Miami FL.
I have many thoughts running through my head in the situation. We have talked with immigration and the embassy.Everything looks good on our side as long as all the paperwork is filled out in Haiti properly. The lawyer on our side will be contacted on Monday.The opportunity to give someone a different life has excited our family. We also have gone through fear and many concerns.
I have many feelings such as why and how can a mom give up a child? How is the child and siblings going to feel? How will my own children feel with another one demanding my attention? How will we afford another one? I cried for two days thinking of giving up one of my children.
Then when it's really quite I ask my God what should we do? The answer I get is: LOVE just LOVE. I'm waiting anxiously to hear from correspondence from Haiti. Steve and I are getting prepared to do some major fund raising for our flights to Haiti. Please pray for clear lines to follow in this process.